Ep 62 – Simple Tips to Wake Up Earlier with Behavior Analyst Lindsey Turner – CANCELED Meant To Bloom
In this episode we hit on the following talking points:
- Establish your WHY. If you don’t have a solid reason that’s important to you to be doing this – you’re just doing it because we said you “should,” then don’t do it. Don’t do what’s not aligned for you and your life. Don’t do what’s going to make you unhappy. You’ve got to have a good reason to do the things you do.
- Post it note your reason WHY. bathroom mirror,
- Mental health benefits of waking up before your kids.
- Creating a new habit needs to be reinforced so that you will keep doing it. Meaning you have to start with a simple, manageable goal that you LIKE before it gets harder.
- Examples: if your goal is to get an hour before the kids wake up, start with 5 minutes earlier, then 10, then 20…
- Also, do something you LOVE immediately when you wake up (coffee, listen to music, dance, exercise, etc).