I didn’t have a great example of how to take care of myself growing up. I was definitely loved, but I wasn’t taught many tools that are necessary to our lives today. I wasn’t taught the major role that moms play in our society. I’m here to talk about that today.
Topics in this episode:
* Growing up with a mom who wouldn’t do anything for herself and how I switched the script for myself.
* Prioritizing mental wellness and self care as an example to our children. Teaching them not to pour from an empty cup.
* Overcoming 15+ years of depression through self care tools.
* The ripple effect of taking care of yourself. Caring for your mental health teaches others to care for theirs and in turn can avoid so many traumatic experiences in the future.
* Children learn by example not explanation. Show them a happy mom who knows how to embrace ease and joy in her life, and they will learn to live the same.
* You’re the queen in your household. You’re in control of what comes into your home. You set the tone for the energy in your home. You slay the beasts that try to enter. You are breaking the generational curses and slaying the dragons of depression. You, mama, are so important.